Before you can land a book deal—before you can even attract the interest of agents and editors—you need to be visible. How do you become visible? You develop a platform, or a way of reaching your readers. Everybody can develop a platform, and this book shows you how to do it while you’re still writing.
This book offers:
- A step-by-step approach to creating, growing, and nurturing a platform
- An economical approach to self-promotion (you don’t have to spend thousands)
- A clear way to uncover your strengths and weaknesses as an author
- The strategies that are essential (or not) to online promotion
- A philosophy of authorship that leaves you confident, empowered, and equally partnered with agents, editors, and publishers (instead of waiting to be discovered)
- A diverse set of tools and methods for getting known (not just Web-based tools or ideas for extroverts)
- After you read this book, you’ll be able to answer the inevitable question: “What’s your platform?” with ease and professionalism.
You’ll learn the hows and whys of becoming visible and how to cultivate visibility from scratch. Best of all, you won’t need any previous knowledge or experience to get started. Everything you need to know is here, in one source.
You’ll discover that growing a writing career isn’t just about landing one book deal and then scrambling like crazy. There is a more strategic and steady way to lay the groundwork so you can avoid scrambling altogether—and Get Known Before the Book Deal is the only comprehensive book that shows you how.